Every thing is proceeding as I have foreseen it, Star Wars Episode III – Revenge of the Sith is almost upon us. It opens here in Australia on Thursday 19th of May, which will be a day long remembered. Lucas, don’t make me destroy you, this better be a good movie – thankfully I don’t have a bad feeling about this. Of course if it as bad, Lucas will go, “It’s not my fault!” The first 2 prequels were a disgrace, nonetheless if this one goes well, “Apology accepted, Lucas”. Village Cinemas are my ally and a powerful ally they are – go see it I will… it is my destiny.
I’ve been a fan of the SWs universe every since I saw Return of the Jedi as a young padawan in New Zealand back in 1985 (I think that’s when it was released in NZ). When I was younger, Luke, Han, Leia & Chewie were my heroes. In fact amongst my group of primary school friends we used to play SWs with me being Luke – ironic that no one wanted to be him (even I didn’t)… seems that even at a young age we could detect the prissy girly characteristics of Luke Whinewalker. Though he did toughen up by RoTJ.
But of late (say the last 5 or so years) I’ve came to realise that my true favourite character is Darth Vader. Some of his lines are absolute classics and are readily transferred to the real world:
* “What is thy bidding, my Master?” – it’s how my wife approaches me these days.
* “Asteriods do not concern me Admiral, I want that ship and not excuses” – basically, get the job done fool.
* “Don’t make me destroy you” – you are an insignificant pup that I could snap with my little finger
* “Apology accepted, Captain Needa” – SWs fans will understand this one.
* “You have failed me for the last time… Admiral” – position: terminated.
* “Your powers are weak old man” – move aside chump, there’s a new kid on the block.
You just got to have respect for a Dark Lord that treats Command Line Officers & plebs a like – you make a mistake, you die for it. He don’t play favourites. And at the end of the day, that’s why I like him… plus, the mask, respirator, deep voice, force choke, black cap, lightsaber, the fear he commanded etc
Check out his blog: The Darth Side