I was listening to the radio on the way into work today and they were talking about the most overrrated things today. Some of their suggestions were:
- Lobster (and prawns); agreed though I don't eat them so I can't really rate them
- Aboriginal art; man this isn't very politically correct is it
- The Mona Lisa painting; affirmative
- Abalone; see lobster
And the list went on to a few more that were quite good, but unfortunately I can't remember. So I thought I'd come up with my own list:
- The iPod; hahaha, I can just imagine the fury being generated amongst the 2 regular readers of this blog, if there are two! Nice music player but highly overrated by the fashionista crowd.
eXtreme Programming; if this isn't the most overrated software development methodology in the world, someone please let me know what is
- Global warming; oops, that should be Climate Change (seems some places aren't warming up but are in fact cooling down). All based on data over the last 100, and that's being generous, or so years – how can that give us a true indication of climate variations over the past 5+ millennia?
- All you can eat buffets; man oh man, I can't think of a worse dining experience except for maybe rum cha or eating out of a dumpster
- The Beatles; yep, I said the Beatles!
- Real Madrid; the football/soccer team that is. All that individual talent and yet so hopelessly bad as a team.
Well. That's all I can think of at the moment – anyone care to share their most overrated things?